AAA Regional Committees
The AAA relies on the experience of leading practitioners to support and drive the regional state committees. These committees will feed into AAA Management team and help ensure we provide the right events and resources required in each state.
What is a regional committee?
- The regional committees lead the momentum, ensuring relevance to the local practitioners and working with potential speakers to bring them to the regional events. The team is composed of senior and younger leaders to ensure continuity of the association and a level of industry experience.
- The regional committees comprise of 4 – 6 people representing different sectors of the industry; Designer, constructor, engineer, consultant etc. This offers balance and diversity and ensures the members needs and requirements are well represented.
- Each committee has a Chairperson.
- The committee meets every 6 weeks to plan and organise the 5 interactive forums to be held in that state each year.
What happens at an AAA Forum?
- The format is encouraged to be informal, interactive and offer lively debate.
- A headline topic is decided by regional committee, often from feedback from members or in reaction to industry events and activity. The committee would then invite 1 or 2 invited guests to open the debate and talk for 10 – 15mins on the topic.
- The meeting opens with a welcome by the host and then short informal presentations by one or two invited guest speakers. The speakers are there to probe the topic, offer examples or experiences that relate and can be later be opened for discussion.
- The success and value for the members is the the subsequent Q & A and open floor debates. The quality of content is driven by our members that attend and their participation. We are all industry friends and colleagues and encourage the opportunity to talk freely without inhibition. Recognising and supporting each other’s points of view as the group discussion takes on the very heart of the meeting, dissecting and challenging the topic at hand.
- Finish with drinks & networking